Quentier is a cross-platform (Linux/Windows/Mac) note taking app capable of working as Evernote client. It can also be used for local note taking, without the necessity to even have the Evernote account.
Quentier supports such features as:
* Synchronization of user data (notebooks, notes, tags, saved searches) with Evernote
* Evernote search syntax can be used for data searching within the local storage
* Printing of notes and converting them to pdf files
* Ability to open several notes simultaneously in either tabbed or windowed interface
* Ability to switch between accounts - both local and Evernote ones
Note that the project is currently in public alpha state and is not yet intended for production usage!
Quentier is free software distributed under the terms of GNU GPLv3. A large part of core functionality was delegated to a separate library called libquentier which is distributed under the terms of GNU LGPLv3. The project is written in C++/Qt, uses CMake build system.