This project was inspired by and is the combination of the following projects:
1) Fingerprint Bootsplash 1024x768, http://www.kde-look.org/content/show.php?content=29662
2) Usplash Theme - Fingerprint, http://www.gnome-look.org/content/show.php?content=50468
3) lib usplash, http://packages.qa.debian.org/u/usplash.html
4) The wallpaper is credited to someone called Tactic6557. I have no other information.
I've also included the gimp .xcf file and the original wallpaper that I used to create this
theme for future reference. Please contact me if you know who this author is.
Keep in mind that this works only for 1024x768 mode. I have no plans to add other resolutions.
Also note that I've only tested this on my own Ubuntu Fiesty Fawn installation.
This project was started for my own reasons. I make no guarantees that it will work
correctly or that it will not cause harm to your computer. Use at your own risk.
Furthermore I doubt that I will support this project long term. You are welcome to
contact me if needed however: karl.redman @ gmail.com
1) Edit your /boot/menu.lst to look like the following. Note that 'quiet'
is NOT specified here becuse I use the text box for output. vga=791
sets your resolution to 1024x768.
kernel /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.20-16-generic root=UUID=b415c32e-f248-4b49-a225-94340f2cb8f6 ro splash locale=en_US vga=791
2) Please follow the commands in myinstall.sh or read the directions for
Usplash Theme - Fingerprint.
3) If you want to get rid of the text box than just add 'quiet' to your kernel
line in your menu.lst file.