This plasmoid is intended to be a simple todo list.
It's supposed to be:
Simple to understand.
Simple to add, delete and edit posts.
Simple to install.
This project is based upon Web Snippet (http://kde-look.org/content/show.php/Web%20Snippet?content=111945) and Jquery (www.jquery.com).
It doesn't depend on Akonadi or KOrganizer. It does however, at least in this version (0.1), depend on a localhost. This means you have to install Apache or any similar software. If it's of any interest I might add the feature to store the lists online, which would eliminate the need of setting up a local server.
1. First you have to install Apache or any similar software. There's plenty of documentation on the Internet for how to do that.
2. Next put this whole folder in Apaches DocumentRoot folder. This is usually /var/www.
3. Then install the plasmoid. This can be done by opening a terminal, get to this folder and type the following command:
plasmapkg -i simpleTODO.plasmoid
4. Put the plasmoid where you want it.
5. Open up settings for simpleTODO. In the input field named URL, you type the following address:
Unless you've put it somewhere else. In that case you replace /var/www/ (or your DocumentRoot folder) with http://localhost/.
You might as well have different todo lists, all you have to do is add a questionmark followed by the name of the list, like this:
If you're able to install simpleTODO, then the rest is pretty easy. ;) Type a new post in the field and hit enter to add a it. Click X to delete a post. Press the pen, or doubleclick an item to edit. Just drag them around to put them in the right order. There is also an invisible handle, that you might use to resize the width of the todo list. It's located to the right of the input field. Just drag it to resize.